5 Rising Trends We Expect to See at FuelWork Minnesota 2019
By Cindy Ridley, Vice President
Being responsible for bringing in 15 Breakout speakers and 65 HCM Solution Vendors to the Region’s Largest HR Tech Expo in Minnesota, I am constantly asked ‘What are you seeing for Trends in HCM Solutions’.
In reviewing the speaker presentations for the April 10th 2019 event, I can say there are a few particular topics and trends that industry leaders are anxious to talk about:
- People Analytics-The Global Leader of People Analytics will be telling his story and even the creation of his role at Cargill explains that we need to be looking at all people data from around the organization, not just the data sitting in HR.
- That AI is still window dressing- at least 2 of the speakers will talk about AI including Doug Berg, Founder of ZapInfo with a more positive outlook about it and Zac Engler, from Amplifon, focuses on Robotics in Recruiting. When and if we get there will we be blind to or more exposed on discrimination? How far in to the future is AI a reality when we see that HR is still not good with setting up even simple reminders for employees.
- Programmatic Candidate Marketing and Content Re-marketing – the StarTribune lends the Expo its VP Digital Marketing to talk about leading edge technology for proactive sourcing.
- Leadership around HR Tech. Bringing Data Stewards to the table and Upskilling Talent will be hot topics. Larry Dunivan, with over 30 years in the industry, is going to talk with CHROs about Leadership around HR Tech and Giselle Mota, Principal, Future of Work reminds us to be People-Centric when launching the HCM projects. Oh and will the HR Data Analyst end up actually being the Innovation Leader?
- On-demand and curated Learning Content. Not only will the speakers be talking about it but so will many of the vendors.
When it comes to the vendors and the latest in HR Tech Solutions, it is an interesting mix this year coming to the Expo.
- For one thing, I am seeing more consultants and 3rd party vendor partners coming to exhibit on their own or sharing booth space with their vendor partners. Many are showing their ability to integrate. Does this tell us that it is not only the product that is important to select, but the implementation and optimization partners?
I am also still seeing the niche solutions and mini-suites for Benefit solutions, Applicant Tracking solutions and Talent Management, further deepening their solutions and still beating out the full suite providers. Many large HCM platforms still don’t go deep enough and the weak modules are still mostly the ATS, PM and LMS.
Join me in the MN community of HR Tech professionals at the Region’s largest showcase of HCM solutions. See the full agenda of Keynote Speakers and 15 Breakout Topics at https://www.fuel.work/2019-hr-tech-expo-agenda . And don’t forget to visit Hive Tech HR, Inc. in the Expo Hall!